PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of an era, or a new beginning ?? X47B launching from the George W.
Old 19th Jul 2013, 22:28
SpazSinbad

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
'orca' well I did say any 'old' LSO. It seems we talk at odds though. I'm referring to the VX-23 LSO(s) who have recently stopped their work with X-47B onboard - anway. No one else would know anything about them; except BUSH LSOs will go to their platform to observe/learn and assist as you indicate. The future will be as we both say. I'll take your word for what you do and you take mine including evidence provided.

Pretty much you can read my tone as being humourous (in the long tradition - sadly now gone - of the old RAN FAA Fixed Wing Division). Australians do not take much seriously and they get on with things. Watch out for your job according to this little lot...

Navy jet drone: 2 out of 4 ain't bad? Jeanette Steele 19 July 2013
"...
In a recent piece about the X-47B, Global Security describes a future where the Navy puts a human air wing crew on a carrier only when combat is imminent. That scenario requires far fewer pilots and aircraft mechanics.

In that version of reality, the human jet pilot could go the way of the elevator operator.

“It has been a long time since there were many want ads for elevator operators, though at one time that was a pretty decent line of work,” Pike said."
Navy jet drone: 2 out of 4 ain't bad? | UTSanDiego.com

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 19th Jul 2013 at 22:38.