PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 20:37
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what the position is regarding Ryanair and Modlin etc following the Wizz announcement, although it's worth pointing out that Wizz had been vocal for some time about wanting large compensation from Modlin whilst Ryanair haven't said anything publically at least about the fiasco there, despite the fact it would have hit them more, since by the time the runway had closed in December, Wizz had already moved out for the winter because of the lack of ILS.

FR as stated earlier are not happy with PPL, the State Airports company and felt they were being treated unfairly. I certainly would say that PPL would get on better with Wizz Komisja Europejska I Uokik Zbadaj? Dyskryminacj? Ryanair Przez?. Personally I'd like to see both airports in Warsaw under different owners, I honestly don't think in my opinion it's good to have PPL having stakes in both of them, just like I didn't think it was right that BAA had their hands in the three major London airports.

Well the irony at the moment is no frills Ryanair now has the best cabin baggage allowance of the three main low cost airlines, now Easyjet has cut back on it's sizes and Wizz cut the size of the free cabin baggage allowance (naming it small) and started charging for the old normal size, renaming it "Large". It's one thing I hoped would not catch on, but now Easyjet have nodded a little in that direction (but not as far as Wizz) it wouldn't surprise me if others such as Ryanair followed.

Last edited by DublinPole; 19th Jul 2013 at 20:48.