PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 18:13
BucketOFish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I have only recently stumbled upon this thread and I have so far found it extremely useful, so thank you to all who have contributed so far.

I was hoping that I could receive some help/guidance pertaining to my current circumstances with my ADF application from those who have been through it already or have the necessary knowledge to help me out.

So a little bit about myself. Im nearly 17 and I am currently in Year 12 studying Year 12 courses and scoring relatively well so far, currently sitting on A's and B's with strong intentions to pick up my game and be sitting on comfortable straight A's

The courses I am studying are Maths 3C/D, English 3A/B, Chemistry 3A/B, Geography 3A/B and Psychology 3A/B

For those not familiar with the WA course terms, these are all the highest possible stages that can be completed.

I myself have been interested in some form of career within the ADF for as long as I can remember and more recently (the past 2 years) have decided to aim for a RAAF fast jet pilot, as many other contributors have.

I completed my YOU session 2 days ago (the 18th of July) and passed both the general aptitude testing and the extra testing for those wishing to apply for ADFA. I am now awaiting a phone call by the DFR nurse relating to my medical questionnaire and I also need to schedule a time for my aircrew testing.

So basically, I have a few questions that so far I have not managed to find the answers to, those being;

First off, I have not completed any physics course in either year 11 or 12 and I was wondering if this was going to have any significant impact upon my ability to complete any testing, especially the aircrew testing as it seems as though aspects of physics would naturally be found in the testing.

Secondly, my BMI is currently slightly below the required minimum for service in the ADF. To rectify this I am beginning a workout regime within the next month to hopefully beef myself up a little, and I was curious as to whether or not not meeting this benchmark would have any significant impact on my application.

Thirdly, I was told during my interview that the aircrew testing is about 4 hours long and maths intensive which shouldn't be too much of a problem, but that was all that they told me and I see above that people have given some answers that briefly go over certain aspects of the testing. I was hoping that someone would be able to give me an overview/summary of the aircrew testing, and if possible, give me their opinion on the day.

Finally, Im interested to know if there are any other applicants from Western Australia who are/have gone through the recruitment process and wanted to have a chat about their experiences and compare, so if so, feel free to send me a message or something.

Thats pretty much all I can think of for now, and in hindsight, this is a relatively big post but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
-Bucket