PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 16:31
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny, your forensic skill at dissecting and analysing the various titbits that I and others have thrown your way is both impressive and informative. For a start I had no idea that the caravans various that housed those assorted marks of GCA at UK Military Airfields were all from the USA. Given the balance of payments deficit and the fact that lease lend had all been returned to lender, that must have been an expensive asset. Was there no UK designed or licensed GCA version? Ironic that so much of the initial research and development had come from us, but on reflection a very familiar story, excellent lateral thinking but pants at the commercial money making aspect.

Warmtoast, your FV10 is indeed something wondrous to behold. They don't build them like that anymore do they? I'm sure that I've seen those handles at right and left somewhere else though. Was it on an A30?
The box like cabinet on the control panel has a whiff of where the keys are kept to launch missiles from SSBNs but will probably turn out to be something as mundane as the fuse box. Impressive nonetheless!