PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Aircraft 'Emergency' Landing
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 15:42
aguadalte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel figures

There's been some changes on Annex 6 - (Amendment 36) and the addition of Flight Planning and Fuel Management Manual - ICAO Doc 9976 to the "new" requisites for fuel planning and management.
However, the modern world has a political correctness point of view, that prevents politicians to legislate more conservatively on fuel numbers, therefore the document is appealing to contracting states to develop their facilities and to operators to integrate modern statistical systems and SMS into the "new" fuel planning philosophy.
There's much to be done, especially in what concerns to the modernization of some country's facilities (including forecast capabilities and communication of those forecasts and NOTAMS).
As an example, I have dispatched a flight from LPPT to SBGR (with a nearby alternate at SBKP) the day before yesterday morning, with TAF's from 07H20Z, and during flight, I have asked via ACARS for the new ones, but after 10 hours of flight, ended up landing at my destination with four prints of the very same forecasts. This is unacceptable in today's long-haul flight operations, if we want to comply with Annex 6, FPFMM or EU-OPS 1.225 fuel criteria.