PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA to ban first class in the USA.
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2003, 19:10
stargazer02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curtains or not

Well my tuppence is that it shouldn't make any difference since FAM's travel in all classes both domestically and internationally so therefore have a full view of the cabin
Also most potential hijackers just don't sit in one place if you do you can be contained even accidently by say a drinks trolley so i guess that's why the FAM's are throughout the cabin.
They don't just all sit at the back...so that's really a non issue.
Also Federal Air Marshalls are not part of TSA's.
TSA's are mainly in the airports whereas the FAM's are attached to the dept of Justice.....i may be corrected but that's what i'm lead to believe.

Also passenger profiling has been in place on most US carriers long before 9/11 so should a ticket be purchased on the day or day before then the pax become subject to certain restrictions.
I can't divulge the security restrictions behind it but safe to say that it is thorough and has been in place for atleast 10yrs.

This thread just seems to becoming a bashing on who bought what ticket and also is misleading from the start.
First class is a high yield market and any airline who decides to finish with it(if not a low cost carrier) is pretty much killing their own golden goose.