PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmibaby Routes from MAN
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2003, 19:01
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brabazon,

Yes you are right that in Nov 2001 CWL would have had three British Regional (as it was then) J 41s on the GLA and EDI routes - two rotations to each city per weekday and less at weekends if my memory is good.

Now, as in Nov 2002, they have two weekday bmibaby B 733 rotations to both GLA and EDI with one each day at weekends, hence the increased loads over the Jetstreams.

I have calculated the seats available in Nov 2002 and the load factors work out at 58.5% on the EDI route and 41% on the GLA route.

BRS had three Go B 733 rotations each weekday (less at weekends) to each of GLA and EDI in Nov 2001 plus either five or six Brymon (as it was then) ERJ 145 rotations to both GLA and EDI each weekday (less at weekends).

The Nov 2002 BRS GLA and EDI services are the same as the previous November except that Go now has four weekday B 733 rotations to EDI instead of three - this is being knocked back to three at the end of this month when easyJet formally takes over all the Go routes, and of course Brymon is now part of BACityexpress.

Because there are two airlines on the routes from BRS it is impossible to calculate the load factors of the individual carriers. However, even if the BA ERJs were full on every flight, and on most I reckon 50% would be good if you compare the BA and Go/easyJet fares), the load factors of Go would still be considerably higher than bmibaby.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 6th Mar 2003 at 15:54.