PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Aircraft 'Emergency' Landing
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 08:33
tenretni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gazumpy

Lets get one thing clear. I think that both crews did the best they could on the day.

They both found themselves with unforecast fog and no fuel to divert.
So it seems that they both attempted approaches below the minima when FFR was not yet compromised.

By the way thanks for clarifying that in your post at #602.

(QUOTE) ANSWER 1) FUEL STATE ON FIRST APPROACH WAS NOT QUITE AT FFR, so your assertion is blatantly false! (END QUOTE)

You continue to bleet on about who was justified in doing so based on your fuel calculations. Thats absolute bull****. The only guys that know what fuel they had is the crews themselves.They were both very justified in doing what they did.

The only time an emergency was declared was by the virgin crew on their second attempt. Given that they were going to land whether they could see the runway or not. I am sure that you agree that this was now an emergency situation.

In such a situation it is reasonable to expect that the crew would prepare for a land impact and they did.

The qantas guys were fortunate to have become visual when they did and landed.

This preoccupation of yours on who was justified in doing what at any given time is nonsense. Its a mental state that perhaps you need to deal with, because from where i sit, i bet it sure as hell wasn't the determining factor on how the crews reacted to their respective circumstances.

You see gazumpy they were to busy being pilots and commanders on the day. Not lawyers.

Last edited by tenretni; 19th Jul 2013 at 10:06.