PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Aircraft 'Emergency' Landing
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 03:58
gazumped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tentretni

Seems I missed a few posts back where you asked me a direct question about virgins first approach going deliberately below the minima.

Virgin are aware of at least 2 diverts to BHI, qantas "volunteer" visual at 150 below minima, virgins fuel state approaching minima on first approach is within a few kilos of declaring an emergency, and you actually criticise them for going 260' below the minima in a fact finding exercise to locate the disposition of the runway to better plan their second approach.

But think it is ok to go 150' below the minima on first approach with fixed + 30 minutes, no emergency declaration, no cabin prep, just hang on and hope for the best.

Is that the question you are asking? Do you actually read your posts before you send them off?

It is definitely not ok to go below minimas without rock solid reasons. With the cvr of qantas not being available, the only source of information about the discussions in the qantas cockpit are through personal testimony.

My advice to the QF crew if I were their legal council, would be to exercise their right to silence, which is exactly what they have done.

Tenretni are you joining up the dots yet?