PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skylon
Thread: Skylon
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2013, 17:40
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope we are not creeping in to impropriety here, the mods will surely decide, and I accept my part in it, but giving ex , or existing, servicemen an outlet for their " deviances"? Would surely constitute a breach of the code of reasonable conduct, which is a credit to these forums.

My original post regarding Skylon was well and truly covered in a few, well thought out posts. I, like many, will wonder if, despite the latest inject of taxpayers money, this project will realise any major benefit to our country. Lets face it, we sold the jet engine for peanuts to our cousins over the water. I really hope this goes well, for no other reason than it would encourage British engineers to develop a new branch of aircraft propulsion. It's right as a country to invest in our scientific and industrial base, my concern would be funding a British invention for a "Foreign" advantage.

"Muffin the Mule" may turn out to be a very relevant phrase if we fail to back our own technology and "allies" take advantage of our weakness.

Smudge

Wets,

I suspect you have just opened a whole new "branch" of thinking.

Last edited by smujsmith; 18th Jul 2013 at 17:42.