PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 18th Jul 2013, 13:01
Vortac1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, for whatever its worth, I went through the selection process with CTC here in US. The experience was positive, not only because I was lucky enough to pass it, but all the staff was really nice and helpful. I experienced no curveballs, sleazy moves or anything like that.

But most importantly, as soon as we were done with group exercises (the first activity of the day), it was veery clear to me on who wasn't going to make it, sure enough, those got canned shortly after. If I would've been on the interviewer side I would have also rejected those guys: attitude problems, lack of initiative and willingness to participate, cockiness, suit 3 sizes too big with a 3 day old beard and shoe laces undone, etc.

I will say this tho, I have no idea how productive the joystick computer test is, the one with the shapes, numbers and such. I do think that stuff is a waist of time and not a good tool to determine if someone is a good pilot or not, but what do I know, maybe shows some parameters on psico-motor skills that I have no idea about.

It seemed they where consistent on the people they chose from our group.

My .2 cents...