PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Aircraft 'Emergency' Landing
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2013, 13:00
ANCPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gazumped

I'd suggest you don't know what you are saying!

To quote you: "Let put in single syllables, until you have an emergency, you are not empowered to break the rules."

Sorry, the PIC can do whatever he likes at any stages if he believes the safety of his aircraft is at stake. Where did you get this idea from? Or maybe I should put it to you this way.....HE WAS IN AN EMERGENCY, he didn't have the juice to go anywhere else. He doesn't have to be down to 30 mins, you are confusing the process for an aircraft getting the attention of ATC for priority handling due to a low fuel state with the declaration of a fuel emergency with what can be numerous different types of emergencies, eg loss of all hydrualics. ATC: sorry, you cannot declare an emergency until you only have 30mins in the Tanks. AIRCRAFT: but we're going to crash. ATC: sorry, you shouldn't have carried the extra fuel, otherwise you'd only have 30 mins and we could accept your emergency!

To quoter you again: "Do you follow? We are not measuring willy sizes here, we are all in the same industry."

I'm hoping that most here would be hoping, that they aren't in the same industry as you, not in the same company and certainly not on your aircraft if you even happen to command one. FFS!