PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2013, 12:25
Flitefone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe

What happens to Aer Lingus next year remains to be seen. Much more interesting for BOH will be the twists and turns of Flybe and its competitors as it tries to get back into a profitable shape.

The idea of a London city airport type experience at SOU is a good one. I use LCY and LHR regularly and less so SOU and BOH. The LCY model works because there are a good number of flights on each route most days.

For SOU that's probably a workable model for the domestic trunks and Amsterdam, but Dublin will be a fight with EIR and RYR elsewhere. Paris from SOU has always been a bit erratic and doesn't compare well with the competition. i'm not sure Flybe will come out on top.

As for the new FlyBe focus on leisure routes, I expect a big fight with RYR. I also expect to see a good bit of head to head next year SOU/BOH and SOU/LGW which we all know RYR will eventually win on the coast, and EZY will win at LGW.

So most likely next summer will show decent growth for BOH over 2013, which in turn, despite June, has 2013 shown growth over 2012.

Don't forget that BOH lost a days worth of flights due French ATC strike last month, and with the change in spring bank holiday dates taken into account, it looks more like a flat month.

BOH is still doing better than most smaller UK regionals.

I shall watch with interest..

FF

As

Last edited by Flitefone; 18th Jul 2013 at 12:25.