PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2013, 22:55
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "No, I'm suggesting that the number of runway crossings resulting from two new runways north of the existing ones and which are also used by T1/T2/T3/T5 traffic would be significantly higher than at present. That's the issue."

Have never said it was ideal, but as mentioned previously, one has to work with what one has. Also, as mentioned previously, rwy crossings are also a feature of 2 of LHR's competitor airports.

Quote: "But it's all rather irrelevant now that we have seen Heathrow's proposals which, strangely, don't include your 2 northern runway option."

Nothing strange about it at all, Heathrow Airport Limited have made a case for a third rwy, not a case for a third and a fourth rwy.

A mistake in my opinion, they need to make the case now if they think a fourth rwy is needed in 2040. Get it built, be ahead of the game for once.

Interestingly, Heathrow Airport Limited's "north west option" is only a little further north than my suggested 10R/28L, and their "north option" is virtually the same as my suggested 10L/28R.

Now if Heathrow Airport Limited were making a case for both a third and a fourth rwy.......