PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2013, 14:25
Luke_Stern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello to All,

I've read this and last year's BA FPP threads, older BA Direct-Entry threads, have used the Search function; still no answer is solid throughout … About me: I'm 35 years old. I can meet all the requirements to apply for BA FPP. But there is one issue on my CV I'm worried about. In addition to having approx. 5 years of work experiences and for the past 2 years successfully running my own business, my Resume looks a bit undistinguished due to several years of unemployment. In total I have approx. 6 years long time gap of no provable job & work experiences on my CV. I was never on jobseeker's allowance but preferred to live off my on own savings.

My Question: Would the long-term unemployment gap on my CV ruin my chances for getting selected at BA FPP? To refrain my question, would the HR Personnel at British Airways find the 6-years gap of employment too much of a concern, and I'd be bypassed over someone else who's demonstrated a more stable career path?

If anyone who's already made it through the BA FPP or Ready-Entry Recruitment can shed some light on my question please do. I would appreciate an honest and truthful answer. Thanks.