PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sick money grabing lawyers
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2003, 12:17
TDK mk2
e28 driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tuned in just as the gentleman who lost his wife and two daughters in TWA800 was reading a discription of what they would have gone through during the break up of their aircraft. I found it unpleasant to watch, which is nothing in comparison to what he must have been feeling reading it.

What I'm wondering is who wrote it, for what purpose, and how did they proport to know so much detail about the last moments of these people? It was my understanding that such a catastophic failure of such an aircraft at that altitude and airspeed would render the occupants unconcious within moments of the start of it. I.E. the combination of low temperature, low air density, high airspeed and high g forces.

The way it was written would suggest that they remained concious throughout the initial explosion, subsequent violent pitch up of the wing, centre and rear fuselage, then separtion from the aircraft in their seats and their decent to the sea. I personally don't believe this would have been the case, and therefore that a great deal additional trauma was caused to that gentleman by the belief that it did.