PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines bangs up another one...
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2013, 13:11
Global Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vietnam Airlines - get your act together

OPEN LETTER TO VIETNAM AIRLINES
DEAR (FORMER)COLLEAGUES,

I am not happy with the job of being a rat, but someone has to speak up before more people gets hurt.
Where are the regulators?
I know in Vietnam they just don’t exist, but what about Paris, Frankfurt, London? Don’t people care about safety as long as there is money to be made?

I have lived a happy life, but it’s too much to see in 2013:
-Crews that continue to pretend everything its OK after an unstable approach to landing! How many more Asiana’s do we need?
-Drunk and and drugged pilots!!! Are you waiting for another guy to pass out and collapse in a hotel lobby while willing to go for his flight?
-Crews completely unaware of the Safety concept and an aircraft SAFETY CHECK!
-Contraband on all flights, even dangerous goods carried by the crews themselves!
-Pilots that just can’t speak nor understand English! Where are the ICAO standards for ELP?
-Crews flying in excess of 150hrs a month, because company counts only stick time. And positioning might be another +50hrs!
-A cockpit where lazy guys chain-smoke till the air is so thick the cabin crew refuses to enter!
-A dispatch office where they need to remind you: DO NOT TAKE LESS THAN FLIGHT PLAN FUEL. Very professional!
-Aircraft with months of recurrent faults. Yes, just a reset after every flight won’t fix the problem! Not to mention the aircraft's cabins "repaired" and duct-taped all around.

I commit from now, to make public all disasters I have learnt about during my years in this aviation jungle. It’s not a happy job, but it has to be done to see some changes in aviation quality and safety

A happy pilot