PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2013, 09:23
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no doubt Foggy will darken the mood again
Some people need to start acting their 51 years.

I'm sorry, but not that sorry, if some people prefer to live their dreams rather than listen to the truth, mathers stated, supposedly, 10 positives for the year but:

Vueling increase capacity by over 80% for Summer 2013
Vueling add additional route to Malaga for Summer 2013
Vueling to offer year round services to Malaga & Alicante for Winter 2013
This could have been very well rounded down to one Vueling positive for the year rather than making mountains out of a molehill breaking it down in to seasons and/or routes.

Thomson Airways 3 additional weekly flights during peak Summer 2013
Air Europa to operate weekly Palma flights on behalf of Thomson Airways Summer 2013
Thomson Airways capacity increased by 17% for Winter 2013
Ditto, three positives fit in to one again.

Aer Lingus increased to up to 3 x daily for Summer 2013
Aer Lingus increased to up to 3 x daily for Winter 2013
Only two positives in to one this time so what was previously itemised as 10 positives, realistically speaking, is merely 5 positives.

DJ & LGS make the points regarding the outgoing, rather than incoming, tourism and the bucket loads of taxpayers money being thrown in the direction of Cardiff and Angelsey Airports.

The City of Cardiff is a business destination primarily, yes such sites as Cardiff Castle are very much worth a visit, but tourists can't stretch a one or two week holiday to Cardiff alone.

West of CWL there is the lovely Gower Peninsula and heading more in to west Wales the real holiday destinations begin but CWL in no good for these, Swansea Airport, they're even developing a West Wales Airport at Aberporth, want to visit or holiday in/around Snowdonia National Park then CWL serves about as much purpose as a chocolate tea pot.

CWL might like to consider itself the "Gateway to Wales" and were Wales an island then it probably would be but for the touristic/holiday destinations then it's in the wrong location.

And before I may again get flamed for "darkening" merely for speaking the truth tourism is down in my locality also, I was at our island airport twice these past days picking-up then dropping-off guests of my resort, it's pitiful the amount of tourists there are here recently, come later in September and thru until 2014 we'll be busier than hell but for the time being I shouldn't live a dream, I should realise the hard facts and tighten the purse strings just a little accordingly.