PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 17th Jul 2013, 04:47
Astara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not good news for VA Recruitment

I just spoke directly to the VA Cabin Crew Recruitment team about potential upcoming Training Schools. I was told that "All Cabin Crew recruitment is currently on hold company wide. No schools will be planned until the end of the year at the earliest"

That is very disappointing for those of us (maybe hundreds?) who have been in the talent pool since November. I will still hold out hope that uplift changes will see them re-open recruitment sooner than later. Can anyone shed light on exactly how the applications of those who have been in the talent pool for 9 months + will be handled when they reopen recruitment? Are they likely to just place some of us directly into schools, or will they ask us to start the entire process from scratch?

I do know they explicitly stated in the AD that if you're not recruited within 6 months from the talent pool your application is removed from candidacy - but I was assured when I hit the 6 month stage in May that my application was still valid due to the halt. Very curious as to where we all really stand in regards to this perpetual limbo that is the 'wait list' based on past experiences from those in the know.

Thank you - and thank you PPRUNE for allowing us to retain some dignity/sanity during this stressful process.

Last edited by Astara; 17th Jul 2013 at 04:49. Reason: wall of text