PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatigue Regulation and Industrial Agreements covering hours of work
Old 16th Jul 2013, 23:48

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Generic manuals approved by the head office would make a lot of this compliance madness go away and go a long way to standardizing operations.
I doubt that the "acceptance" of a standard OM by CASA head office would stop an FOI in a Regional office having their input on the way they think legislation should be complied with.

If they cannot accept CARs, CASRs and CAO which are law, how are they going to accept a generic manual that has only been accepted by higher up in CASA.

How many different interpretations have we had on Aerial Baiting including an "Aviation Rulings".

The problem is that there is no defined avenue to have an interpretation by a particular person reviewed or over-turned.

As for the AAAA OM, the last time I read one, it had a lot of incorrect references. I wonder if it has been updated in the last 4 years.

CASA did try to develop a standard OM. Their idea was to have all the standard text for an OM on a web site so you could develop the OM with reviews from an FOI. It never saw daylight.

Last edited by 601; 16th Jul 2013 at 23:55.