PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment XI
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2013, 23:48
Estelle0304

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worries about EK contact after initial interview

Hi guys, can I please put your worries "to bed" about the above. I'm an ex employee and waited a long time before I heard from the HR when I joined.

It's now a huge company and yes you might have to wait a while, maybe 3 or 4 weeks, before you hear from them. Remember they've a lot of other candidates to process.

If you can learn a bit of patience because you'll have to have loads of it when you eventually get to Dubai. It's all about the 'paperwork'. But once you get there you'll have a ball- however remember there are rules-you are a guest in this country don't ever forget that. Look up all you can on the internet and do your research to where you'll be living for the (possibly) next 3 years.
Make good friends and stick with them as they'll be your family for your duration (hopefully). Don't think you'll "get by" with what you knew in your home country- Dubai is not the same as where you come from and never will be.
It's a good place and safe and if you're really lucky one day you might meet a 'local' (18 percent of the population) who can become a genuine friend.