PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul - selection and terms
Old 16th Jul 2013, 19:28
Jetjockey145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not been for screening yet, and likely won't be after the two online tests!

The personality test is very straightforward. All pretty standard questions. Some are repeated a different way to see if you are telling fibs of course.
I answered the questions quickly and honestly which is the best way. I am an easy going friendly sort of guy, and I am sure that will come out on the test result.

However, the IQ test (for want of a better description) was not easy.
35 questions in all and my brain slowed up after question 27. I would have found this test fairly straight forward in my younger days, but with the onset of increasing years it was more difficult.

No way of really knowing how you have done until you get an email I suppose.

An educated guess tells me that if you make a real pigs ear of either test then the powers that be at Norwegian will can your screening pretty sharpish. No point in getting you out to Oslo for a sim check etc if your test results suggest you have difficulty tying your own shoe laces.

Not sure of the validity of these tests really, although big companies love them. We used to use them at BA many years ago and they proved inconclusive. We had to fire many that scored highly in these tests, and we also turned down many that I knew to be very, very good. I had to sit similar tests for my present company and did well but................

Oh well, sit and wait now. I suspect that if you have been flagged up as Mr Average (or slightly worse) by these tests, you may still get a screening as the final decider.

I think a lot will also depend on how many applications they have had. There has been a lot of bad press on here about this contract, with terms such as scab being thrown around. In my case the T's and C's are perfectly acceptable and I would be more than happy to take the job if offered.

Others on this site think differently.

I have thousands of hours on the 737 and just want to see out my pre retirement years flying Long Haul, and No I am not already on a pension and stealing others jobs!

Anybody with other info please speak up!

Thanks.

Last edited by Jetjockey145; 16th Jul 2013 at 19:29.