PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rise of Naff Mil Phraseology
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2013, 10:09
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBZ,

I don't mind change in itself but when it is change for changes sake.. well. I think it probably started when we lost our manufacturing base and became expert/puindit/service orientated. Delta, by the way, for me these days refers to the relationship between the price change in an underlying asset and the corresponding change in the price of the derivative that it might be based on. Joy.

Has no one used Dead Cat Bounce in briefings yet? A DCB describes a pathetic market rally following a large fall and is based on hopeless aspiration. I wonder what context could be used for that.. or, what about Triple Witching? TW occurs when a multitude of factors culminate on the same day; usually stock options, stock market index options and stock market index futures all expiring at the same time and leading to massive trading volumes and volatility.

I can't think of a military dead cat bounce but I'm sure there must be some use out there. Maybe a brief spurt of happiness at a beer call for a unit which has dreadful morale?