PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatigue Regulation and Industrial Agreements covering hours of work
Old 16th Jul 2013, 07:30
Ned Gerblansky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Fatigue laws

"The new system addresses the type of operation and considers many additional factors not envisaged 50 years ago. I actually think it will be a great improvement."

I disagree Chimbu. JQ flew (flies?) CNS-PER-CNS back of the clock. 9.4 hours flight time in a 11 hour night. Previous duties and post duties may have been 0500 sign ons. The fact that it's pressurized, flight attendants to bring coffee and inedible in-flight meals does not belie the fact that it is outside of normal human tolerances. Sometimes we'd get whacked with two in a row!

CAO 48 was written post-WW2, and had a lot of input from those days. If you fly 8 hours in a day, then you know you've worked. The nay-sayers suggest that the reasoning behind CAO 48 was "not scientific".

I would acceed that it was not deductive, but inductive reasoning.

Inductive reasoning is how we all learned things from the crib. For example, I'm at a Smithy's place, stoking the charcoal fire and using the bellows to heat a piece of iron until it's red - and then I throw it to you. You catch it and it costs you 50% of the flesh of your hands.

Will you catch it again?