PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - License revalidation/EASA/medical questions?
Old 16th Jul 2013, 06:15
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume you mean you have a JAA Licence which contains an SEP Rating. How can your Licence expire in 2010? JAA Licences were only valid for
five years (and it is more than six years to 2010)
Yes, you are correct. I was looking at the Radio Telephone License. My JAA license expires 27/05/2015.

Reason I don't want to go to a combined FAA/EASA AME is that my Class 3 in FAA land is valid for a good bit longer than a 2 year EASA class 2. Plus I hate, and I mean hate, going to the doctor. I have white coat syndrome, so my BP is always showing too high whenever a doctor is near because they freak me out.

So, you're saying if I squeeze in a revalidation by experience before my medical expires in a week, I'm good to go? Probably won't have time, but it's a thought. There is a place in San Diego that does them. If I let rating lapse, how long can it stay lapsed before things get nasty (as in having to do exams again and deal with bureaucrats)?

Hodja - I have a standalone FAA, thankfully. Didn't fall into that trap which I'm very grateful for today.

Last edited by AdamFrisch; 16th Jul 2013 at 06:32.