PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours to solo. Is there an age trend?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2001, 14:31
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger moth

As an instructor I have to say that you are being taken for a ride.
There is no way that you can be instructed PROPERLY and cover excercises 3 to 9 with all the associated part a's and b's etc in 3 hours.
when you do slow fligh and stalling it should be 1-1.5hrs at least just to make sure you understand the full implications of a stall at low level in a turn ie base and finals.

Your instructor is being very unprofessional and potentially a killer of an inexperienced pilot.

What you learn at this stage stays with you forever and if you want to go onto the airlines will show up very quickly at sim test stage.

The earliest for cadets on an intergrated course when I did mine was about 10 hours (I did mine just over 10) but we covered everything properly and to a set standard.

I suggest you look at your log book and see if you have covered all the lessons properly as JAR requires and if not ask your instructor to explain himself.

BTW I have taken on students who have been thrown into the circuit in about 3-4 hours and have had to retrain them from the beginning and make sure you get your ground briefs.

Good luck