PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is an efficient way to get a job??
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2013, 15:14
pilot and apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heloguy412:
Quote:
Dress smartly, be respectful and polite and ask intelligent questions. I would be surprised if they did not have time for you. I was thinking just walk in naked and plunk yourself down in the waiting room.

Definitely will be noticed and won't be forgotten.
Too bloody funny!!

Seriously, it depends. Who are you? 150 hrs on the R22 or 15000 hrs and waiting for the 225 to get serviceable? The answer to your question would depend on your answer to mine.

Advice:
1. Target jobs you are realistically qualified for.
2. Every job you get, do well 100% of the time.
3. Be friendly. Everyone you meet in the business may well be the reference you need all too soon.

And don't completely discount the quote above! When culling through the stacks (seriously!) of resumes sent in for the handful of low-timer jobs we would be filling that season, anything eye-catching / funny / interesting / unique at least got us to look at it twice or show it to the other guys.

Then make sure the impression you made is good, not bad! Dangling the twig and berries in front of the receptionist may not be the best impression...but treating her nicely is. One very well qualified pilot that I interviewed was not considered because of how shabbily he treated the receptionist while waiting to see me.

Last edited by pilot and apprentice; 15th Jul 2013 at 15:55.