PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed: Central Serous Retinopathy
Old 15th Jul 2013, 14:09
Skymaster15L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, thanks for the feedback so far. With regards to keeping the CAA informed ,it never was a matter of not telling them, just a matter of when to tell them. I'm not sure if there is (or isn't) a certain time limit beyond which I have to disclose to them, once I discover I have a certain condition, and I still have a quite a while to go before my medical is due for renewal-the USA/AOPA's way of guidance.

Either way from the looks of it and the experiences of others, I assume the CAA is still an invaluable resource when it comes to giving you some advice, which ultimately goes towards your own good, because it is up to the same people to re-certify you. And at this point, I'm all about gathering as much help and guidance as I can. Once I call the CAA and tell them, maybe I can squeeze in an appointment at Gatwick before my regular doctor is due to consult me at the upcoming checkup, so I can get the AME to look at my condition sooner, for some peace of mind.

Since it does look like they might suspend my licence until I pass the examination, I'm really curios if in the meantime, I will still be able to book my written exams with the CAA, assuming my condition takes longer to heal, and in the meantime I will be sitting without a medical?

@ bral-
I'm glad to hear they were still able to give you your class 1 back in '95, however, I know for a fact that today, stereoscopic/binocular vision is required, at least for us beginners. I do not know if the rules are all the same all across the board, or vary with experience levels.

Does anyone know though, if today you can still get a class 1 today with CSR that won't go away, as long as it doesn't affect your central vision, or does one have to have the condition completely cured before they re-certify you?

OFSO, I will take down that name you gave me, one never knows. Thank you

Last edited by Skymaster15L; 15th Jul 2013 at 14:13.