PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand luggage in an emergency evacuation.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2013, 12:32
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some sort of bag/purse that clips on a belt may be better, it will make life easier at the security circus if you can just unclip it and put it through the x-ray machine instead of digging frantically in all the pockets to find everything that might otherwise get you a free grope after the metal detector. Also faster the other side when reassembling yourself.
Instead of looking like an American tourist waddling around with a fanny pack / bum bag, how about you just get yourself organised before you get anywhere near security.

Before I leave home on travels, I've only got two things in my pockets ... phone in one, wallet in another. That's it. No coins, no dirty tissues.

After checkin and boarding pass validation, boarding pass and passport go into the wallet. Then at security its simple.... wallet out, phone out... laptop prepared out (bag left unzipped) whilst waiting in the security queue .... that's it. Then at the point of Xray, its two seconds to dump it and less than 5 seconds to collect the three items, dump the laptop in the bag, zip it up and walk off.

Last edited by mixture; 15th Jul 2013 at 12:34.