PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air Shuttle
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2013, 09:24
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If MAN is picked sooner or lather a carrier will exit MAN as their is only a
certain amount of bucket and spade traffic sustainable at all airports and MAN is reaching the limits as are others
I wouldn't say MAN is reaching its limit quite yet. I did previously share this scepticism, but, take Palma for example.
There were already something like 14 flights on some days, but, Ryanair made MAN-PMI 2 daily and Jetairfly joined the fold this year, yet most MAN-PMI flights are heading out with loads of over 90%, some full.
It seems that on some routes, capacity can be added and it just keeps growing.

I would say that at the right frequency, there is easily more room for extra flights, as its also worth noting MAN still isn't quite back up to its heyday pax figures wise and there routes have always been its bread and butter.

In any case, a Norwegian base is not just about fun in the sun. There are routes to places like Helsinki, Trondheim, Gothenburg and Alesund that will be added, as well as extra capacity to Oslo and Stockholm, all routes that stand a better chance of working at MAN (Gothenburg for example really needs opening to the masses from MAN, currently BA run the route and the prices/capacity are more akin to a private jet!)