PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2013, 17:43
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never had anyone take the airplane from me and in 30+ years of flying I have never initiated a "go around" because I was unable to land stabilized and safely.
While I congratulate you on your evident self-esteem, this type of 'Sky God' attitude may have contributed to the mishap in my opinion.

NTSB reports at media show quite discrepency from Asiana pilots' statements during investigation.

Both pilots consistently urged that they have tried to put the throttle lever full back position in order to gain the thrust but it did not work, which took place much earlier than known in public.

They stated that discovered it too low when they noticed PAPI with 3 reds and 1 white and full back throttle at 500 feet altitude but failed to gain thrust for seconds.

After several trials, pushed TO/GA for final hope, then the flight regained power but late.
Thanks for sharing this kaokao, I think the throttle being in the full back position is acknowledged as a possible cause of the continued sink rate below the visual glide slope.