PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2013, 01:16
Desert185

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ExSp33db1rd said:

"I've picked up from a previous post a suggestion that the handling pilot might have had a 'mind-set' that stationary throttles with A/T engaged was OK, because he was recently from the Airbus, and so thinking that the A/T was engaged, as has been reported, stationary throttles on the Boeing that he was now flying might not have alerted him - maybe - but that again begs the question of what the I.P. was thinking ?"

Regardless of aircraft system intricacies, airspeed is performance and throttles are control. Dependency on control without referencing performance is beyond poor technique. Three "pilots" and no one is noticing airspeed trending lower?

Three dead. Many more with lifetime consequences of the their injuries. Hull loss. This isn't Sunday afternoon flying a club spam can for a burger. Someone needs to lose their jobs.

I remember an in-house audit done on Korean Air in 1998 that more than likely outlines many contributing issues related to what will be probable cause for Asiana at SFO. Maybe three deaths will be sufficient body count by bureaucratic standards to resolve the apparent issues involved. I hope so.