PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2013, 19:28
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but the e.mail-list audience is not captive, it is fluid. That is the truth of the matter. Send out too many *irrelevant* time-wasters and others will 'unsubscribe' from Thomson e.mails as I have done. Now special offers from my local airport ... that has the potential to attract a new booking rather than bemused puzzlement. That is the way to use your database successfully. And in Thomson's case, it is not an occasional Doncaster-focused e.mail they push out (I wouldn't object to that) ... it is ALL of them ... 100% hit rate.

If the marketers seriously believe that experienced Thomson regulars from the 'M' postcode area will be fooled into paying for surface transportation / parking etc to DSA for destinations such as TFS, ALC, PMI and AGP ... well, they must be off their rockers. Not the calibre of marketing talent which a company such as Thomson deserves. Disrespecting the intelligence of your loyal customer base never ends well.

On the point of "they've lost nothing" we will never really know ... I couldn't take up their late Manchester offers because they didn't send them to me! I would have welcomed the chance to consider them. I book travel with several operators; Thomson is just one option amongst many although I do like their holiday product.