PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson 787 returns to MAN
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2013, 17:48
Legacy Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@cockney steve: Thanks for replying, though my post seems to have been removed [I'm still trying to work out what attracts the mods' delete key!] "... yet they had a vast team of highly qualified engineers , working day and night on.........A tin box with a vent-pipe" [sorry, still can't work out how to quote properly on here]. Yes, I've been following the developments on one of the other threads. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Like many others, I want to see the 787 work, but I just feel it is almost a the point of no return. I know there will be the folk who say "this is entirely normal for a new type - it is just the reporting that has increased" (and I really don't know whether that is true or not). However, the point is that the 787 is developing the sort of reputation that gets into the group mind, and so every incident gets reported. Eventually, unless Boeing have truly excellent PR (which doesn't seem to be the case) the whole thing will end up being so toxic that it will have to be binned, along with a lot of the potentially good developments.