PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mitchells over the Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2003, 17:21
CamelPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treadders

This forum is just one I moderate on. But you are right, it does tend to be cushy. I have only had to draw a line twice since the forum opened. That is probably because we are all of one mind when it comes to Aircraft, all the nostalgia and the history - and we all just want to enjoy it.

I particularly like to encourage certain threads to keep going so that we can gleen much more from a subject which is 100 years old this year. Indeed, the thread on Wilbur and Orville is one such thread we should be able to keep going for the rest of the year.

We have many many people from the US who could contribute and I very much hope they do. We have very many people from all over the world and I hope they do as well. It is a very strong fraternity which will last forever.

While making the above points. I would love to see more threads started by those who have a experiences going back many years. There is much to be heard about the RAF, Navy and the Army for example. From test pilots, like John Farley, who does make very interesting contributions. From people who fly/flew the warbirds for fun, as I did, but I have made my contributions. From ferry pilots who tackle the job of bringing aeroplanes from the other side of the world. From those who spend hours, month in and month out restoring aircraft. From museum curators who can give us an inside look at their particular achievements, and their problems. We won't mind if their museum gets an airing on PPRuNe.

The list of possible contributors is endless. PPRuNe could be a hive of information that would be the envy of - ............................that list is endless too.

This, all from a comment from Treadders and why not.

CP