PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2013, 08:42
fg32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by obgraham
deSitter:

I fail to see how you can tell, by watching that video, which fire vehicle ran over the victim. Neither foam truck moves during the video, and the view is from a looong way away.
I think , obgraham, you are looking at the wrong video.
"Neither foam truck moves during the video" makes this certain.

This video is the most comprehensive:

It clearly shows the fire trucks engaging in a huge amount of jockeying and manoeuvring which to the lay eye appears to be unnecessary and indecisive.

With regard to "the view is from a looong way away", please make sure that your computer is capable of viewing it at its full resolution, which is 1080p. The clarity is astounding.

Once you have viewed the correct video at full resolution, I think you might wish to reconsider your quoted reaction to deSitters post.

Anyone who wishes to form a view of post-crash events really needs to watch this properly as their starting point.

You are correct that one cannot with any certainty identify which vehicle drives over the unfortunate victim, but at this level of clarity one can make a fair guess. I think that this video will provide vital evidence in the investigation, and I would be very surprised if knowledgeable investigators will be unable to deduce and see the moment it happens.

Are you aware that the latest NTSB announcements seem to be suggesting that this child was not in fact ejected during the crash, but evacuated normally, possibly almost unharmed?

Please, no more about the distress of the driver. What about her parents?