PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standard of RT in USA
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2013, 17:05
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this talk about reducing the syllable count from 7 to 6 and whether twenty three seventy five is better is surely beside the point. Its the total package that's in question rather than the detail. As I type this at 1800 local on a friday Maastricht the London middle level sector's r/t must be the busiest in the world, the r/t is solid wall to wall yet everyone manages to enunciate clearly in near ICAO standard phraseology and the job gets done with few if any opportunity for misunderstandings and not a slit second of gaps. If they can do this S of London why not elsewhere? Why does r/t have to be frantically gabbled with no breaks, intonation or pause like a sheep-auction when there is time to do it properly? I listen to US r/t and understand maybe 30% of each exchange. That can't be right, and there is nothing wrong with my hearing. OK, I'm not used to it but then I shouldn't have to be. IT SHOULD BE STANDARD, whatever the little cowboys in big hats think.

They aren't operating a CVN at high sortie rates so shouldn't behave as if they are. What is this? Theatre? Willy waving walts time? Sometimes it sure sounds like it...