PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In Scotland's Defence
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2013, 14:06
Kluseau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More than half way through the day, and no new posts: has the debate subsided into happy harmony? Aye, right...

A glimpse of the quality (or not) of some of the type of stuff being thrown up by the wider debate can be had by following the rather fine spoof Twitter feed of Alistair Darling @A_DarlingMP (emphatically NOT the real Alistair Darling). Some of this account's offerings from yesterday:

Alistair Darling‏@A_DarlingMP4h
Wireless is trending. Will we get BBC services on the wireless in a separate Scotland? All evidence points to no. Don't vote YES. #indyref
Alistair Darling‏@A_DarlingMP23h
Facebook is trending. Will we be pushed into the dark ages of MySpace and Bebo in a separate, online Scotland? Don't vote YES. #indyref
Alistair Darling‏@A_DarlingMP23h
Its T in the Park this weekend. Alex Salmond has simply not said whether the event will still happen after separation. Uncertainty. #indyref
@A_DarlingMP My shoes are a UK size 9. What size will they.......no, will I still have shoes in an #indy Scotland? should I ask @theSNP ? Retweeted by Alistair Darling
Thing is, though this is parody, it's not so far beyond the quality of some of what really is coming out of the "No" camp.

Last edited by Kluseau; 12th Jul 2013 at 14:33.