PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2013, 05:38
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have avoided contributing to the 99% of utter drivel that can be read in this thread but statements like:
It was clear that the stewardesses by procedure had to ask the pilot for a decision no doubt as their training advises them to do so.
really cannot be left unchallenged.

Certainly in my company and several others that I am aware of the CC are trained to use their initiative to evacuate if events are clearly 'catastrophic'. Debate can often be interesting in SEP training regarding how you define 'catastrophic' but to the suggestion that the CC waited to be told to evacuate in this instance beggars belief.

This suggests that the two pax were ejected because they were not properly seated for the final phase of landing with belts tight across hips. If so, sounds like a CC responsibility, not fulfilled.
The two (some reports say three) people ejected from the aircraft were CC.

If the 3 pilots all have the mindset A/T is always there, then why bother monitoring the airspeed?
Because that is basic airmanship and it is also part of being type rated that you understand the way a system operates and its LIMITATIONS!

Last edited by M.Mouse; 12th Jul 2013 at 05:41.