PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas' - senior executives face scrutiny
Old 12th Jul 2013, 04:56
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEROMEDICAL, can you elaborate a little more on the fuel hedging, you've got my attention?
As much as I dislike old scrotum face, when it came to hedging he along with Colin Storey and Borghetti collaboratively nailed it pretty much every time. So team Joyce, if they are as good as they say they are, shouldn't get belted with unexpected huge losses on fuel (unless he has the kiddies from Vietnam doing the hedging ). Also the group should be picking up additional revenue from freight exports as volumes increase with a lower dollar, so don't believe any doom and gloom spin that he throws your way to justify cuts.

After 5 years this bloke has truly transformed QF into something totally lame. As for the 'consultants', well there has already been a bit of debate as to why these people are sniffing about, but I think you will shortly see more cuts and restructure but at the senior level. Why? Well for one his splitting of the executive structure and associated portfolios isn't working. And secondly the current structure at the top does not align with EK. There is a doubling and tripling of high level trough dwellers in several areas, so expect some boning to commence. Ol Tim won't take to kindly to propping up QF's top tier of piggy wiggy's. And also, unfortunately, my source tells me that there will be more re-alignments at the coal face, so brace yourself folks, the buggerisation (thanks Sunfish) will continue.

Oops, I forgot, what about the shareholders? Who???

Last edited by 004wercras; 12th Jul 2013 at 04:59.