PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2013, 00:22
FLGOFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once a cadet completes the an-initio course thus expending their entire FEEHELP they must do the Advanced element also which costs another $85k. Jet star finance this over six years but it is written in the bond agreement that Jetstar can increase this amount in its sole discretion.

So.....on a flexiline wage of approx $56k per annum you not only have to pay your 110k VETFEE debt off but you also have to pay $14k back to Jetstar each year.

$56k minus VETFEE repayments minus Jetstar repayments equals NOT MUCH LEFT!!!
Here's what I know.

The FEE-HELP loan limit is around $93k, it fluctuates yearly, but has never been $110k for this, so I don't know where that figure comes from. The advanced element is known as phase 2, where you will undertake an A320 type rating. The amount is between $30k-$40k fully funded by Jetstar which is paid back to them via a salary sacrifice. So again, I don't know where your figure of an additional $85k comes from.

From what I know, yes unfortunately you can expect to wait an unknown amount of time between phase 1 and phase 2. However there is not a huge backlog like some people have been stating here.

You seem to think you know a lot about the topic, I'm just referring to what those at JetStar and CAE Oxford have told me. Perhaps you could link me to where you got this info from?

Last edited by FLGOFF; 12th Jul 2013 at 01:24.