PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In Scotland's Defence
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 20:07
OutlawPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No mate ... I passionately believe in the collective strength of the UK as it stands ... a very sad day if Scotland were to leave the Union IMHO

Coff.
Agree fully with that, Coff. Regardless of what we think we bring individually to the Union, collectively we are always stronger. I have always believed that Scotland could do just fine independently but that's not a good enough reason for me. And although there have been some good examples of local government from Holyrood, I still don't trust Salmond. Intelligent politician maybe but also a buffoon and his antics on Sunday proved that. I wonder what he thought of Andy crediting the victory as a British Champion (well done fella!).

Courtney touched on something a few posts ago relating to the potential of a weak chink in defences in the North and given that it is fairly clear the SNP's £2.5 B won't go very far, I happen to agree, he has a very strong point. Sure there are fewer air bases in Scotland (there are fewer all over the UK) but we still have the flexibility to move resources to areas when we deem it necessary, when we are in the Union.

Interesting point about SBA's as the SNP had even proposed a similar idea a while back themselves...