PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 15:34
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PJ2, I believe the term I'm looking for here is "knocked it for six". I fervently hope people will take note.

Originally Posted by PJ2
One only need view what happened when AF447's data was released in May, 2011 (IIRC) which was going to end the questions.
I think there was something of an initial sense of disbelief from most, if not all interested parties at the time, because the data was not what people were expecting.

For demanding "more", it settled and will settle nothing, primarily because the data was not in accord with their views of how the accident occurred because surely something was being kept hidden and secret...
I'd feel more sympathy for their position if they could provide a shred of evidence that such things were done in the last 30 years, when the fact is that they cannot.

There is one legitimate frustration in terms of there not being sufficient data for those who understand flight data, the frustration was the absence of certain parameters, some being what the PF's PFD & ND displays were showing during the UAS event.
Agreed - though the argument that there was little or no discrepancy between the LHS display data (which was recorded) and the RHS (which was not) is a reasonably strong one, due to the fact that there is no mention of any such discrepancy on the CVR.

Again - thanks for a well-reasoned and cogent summary, sir.