PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 12:34
NEWYEAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unbelievably NOBODY from flight deck had situational awareness. Other wise, Evacuation would have been immediately.
It´s very odd that pilots were not aware of the situation.
Unbelievable ˇˇ

"Conditions for an evacuation"
When the plane and engines are stopped, ordered by Captain, Call-out: EVACUATEˇˇ, EVACUATEˇˇ, EVACUATEˇˇ

In case of having no communication with flight deck, Cabin Crew must initiate an evacuation in the following cases:
-Fire or smoke inside/outside the plane.
-Severe damages in the fuselage of the plane.
-Bomb on board
-If the evacuation has been iniciated in other place of the plane.
-In an expected/unexpected emergency.
-In a ditching

*What does happen if engines are not stopped yet? Cabin Crew must use the comun sense.

I´m surprised with the fact that the Senior Cabin Crew was the last crew member to abandon the plane...There were 3 Captains, one of them should have been the last to abandon the plane instead of the SCC.

It is said that a vehicle run over a survivor who died shortly after the accident with the vehicule. If a crew member had carried out a good coordination on the ground, this person could be alive.

I think that this fatal accident Asiana 214 is going to be a good scenario for study the differents aspects related to CRM. I think it could be considered an example such as Los Rodeos in Tenerife which happened many years ago.