PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 10:24
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back at NH,

That will probably be established with time. We do know there were burns, how those were sustained is probably not too clear at the moment. We know (at least one) of the doors was opened by a pax... possible it was opened when it was better to stay closed (I think it was on the side of the cabin where the engine fire was, but have not seen the most recent pics so may be mistaken on that one)

As to the CC being ejected along with the girls...

I saw a Mythbusters episode where they tested the difference between Y, F, fwd and rear facing jumpseats. IIRC the difference between the fwd and rear facing crew seats was something like withstanding 20G's or 80'Gs... might go a way to explaining why the cabin crew seemed to be (relatively) unharmed for having done DB Cooper on the ground....

Also very possible that (sadly) the two youngsters were not wearing seatbelts adequately or at all. (I see it very often with groups of teens) They want to look out the window but cannot see, unbuckle on landing to get a look outside. Game over. If they did wear seatbelts, and tightly enough, it will be interesting to see what the people near them can recall. (May point to a failure of the seatbelts?)

EDIT: Can we please stop posting the "account from an expat trainer"? It's been posted three times already

Last edited by givemewings; 11th Jul 2013 at 10:25.