PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-TR DEC and FO Recruitment Jet2
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 09:43
DADDY-OH!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed. The current 'rush' for B757 Capts & FO's is because the 3 B757's in GLA & EMA are being transferred to LBA, NCL & MAN and the affected crews at EMA & GLA mostly decided to transfer to the 4 B73NG's that were arriving to replace them.

Hence the poor old B757 Fleet Manager has to effectively find 3 B757's-worth of crews. Most Capts will be sourced from the excellent, very experienced & very capable pool of SFO's within Jet2.com. We need many more FO's. I think the figure is up at around 29 split between 3 DEC's & 26 FO's which sounds about right if you plan on 3 aircraft - 5 crews/act - 30 pilots. There are also some retirees to throw into the mix, a few guys who have been Contracting here for a couple of Summers have been offered permanent 100% contracts & some who are waiting for start dates with the Gulf Majors', although that number is dwindling & in fact at least 1 who went to the airline who's name we dare not say, wants to come back to Jet2.com!!

I think this campaign will appeal to those are flying for DHL based in Germany who want to return home, some who are approaching 'Full Bucket' status in the land of Knoteetingham, those who can wangle a good severance deal from employers who are downsizing their B757/767 fleets & don't want to go through a complete new type rating course.
I don't know about the contracts on offer but there are options to do 100% pay for 100% roster & lesser pro-rata salaries for 7 months on/5 months off or 6 days on/8 days off. These are particularly attractive to those when you dress it up as "... sat at home for the winter on £XXXX/mth..."
It may not suit everyone but it's a cracking little firm that is a pleasure to work for.