PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 09:10
BBK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nigelondraft

"But I do not have the knowledge/data to criticise a fellow professional from afar, so will await that information."

Absolutely Nigel, well said!

From what some of the posters here are saying there really is no need for an investigation. It was just useless incompetent Koreans who mishandled the approach so why waste US taxpayers money when we know the reason.

Some of us and that includes the NTSB want to know WHY this accident occurred. Are there lessons to be learned, could it have been prevented?

Aren't some of you just a bit curious how the pilot flying, with almost 10,000 hours got into this situation whilst being monitored by the PIC (13,000 hours) and the relief FO (almost 5000 hours).

Years ago I got to know a few of the engineers at the UK AAIB (NTSB equivalent). They were all thoughtful chaps, curious, intelligent, pedantic at times in a good way. One was like a terrier. When something didn't add up in a particular investigation he became yet more determined to find the truth and would not give up. I believe that's what motivates these investigators, the desire to establish the what, how and why it happened.