PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Exec Club Changes
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2003, 09:40
Momo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiers, etc.

Barney_Grumble,

The points for Silver/Gold were never the same for non-UK residents. For example, in my case, Silver was 400 points. Now it has become more difficult.

While it would be nice to say that I can choose to change airline, as having free lounge access when flying economy is my top priority,it is not quite that simple. As with an increasing number of companies whose travel is managed by BTI, I have no way of choosing what airline I fly on. The lowest fare is automatically selected since January 1st, with the exception of non-stops. Given the lack of non-stop long-haul ex. Geneva, the low-fare rule applies. For example, for my most common destination, San Francisco, the lowest cost is United via Paris. I could not book BA if I wanted to. (On top of that, we have been moved from Business to Economy travel...grumble.)

Momo

Bealine,

You may like to make BA aware of the changes in BTI/Carlson software mentioned in the previous note. At the moment, for our 150,000-employee company, BA is much more expensive than alternatives. The days of the employee being able to easily manipulate the system to favour whatever airline he/she had privelege cards for is over. Currently Star Alliance wins out.

Momo