PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 02:09
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubbers,

I would hope it could never happen given the training regime I operate in but given the incidents that do happen I'd never rule out anything!

3 pilot ops should have prevented this, single pilot ops should have coped, but if we refuse to consider the environment that this accident happened in then we've learned nothing from the past!

I doubt very much that this looked like a simple let down at 3000' feet. I've flown a few Stuka1 arrivals into Sfo and but I made my gates and was stable at the appropriate time. They where all the result of accepting atc instructions that at times defied the laws of physics. Lesson now learned.

Nope, I've never been that low, but I've been where i shouldn't have been and hesitated to say GA due to the pressure to get in. Again lesson learned, picture stored away for the next time, the learning never stops, right?

As an old flight instructor said to me when I was a lad, the day you start thinking your to good to f&Łk this all up, that's they day you just stop!

Last edited by the heavy heavy; 11th Jul 2013 at 02:11.