PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport furthest from city it's named after
Old 4th Mar 2003, 09:22
thedude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It astound's me that this issue draw's no responce from trading standard's. I mean, if Kellogs said 'eat our cornflakes and prevent your next heart attack' the trading standards would be all over them, quicker than a streaker in siberia. By eating cornflakes your not going to give yourself a heart attack so why the fuss.

Now, sell someone a ticket to somwhere, then take them somewhere else, and no-one says a dicky bird! Amazing. Would National coaches get away with selling you a ticket to Bournemouth only to drop you off in Brighton.

Now I realise that airports are usually out of town but surely you can only advertise the nearest one under that name.

Still I suppose the general public are pretty gullable. If it makes you money your going to do it until someone objects.

In the same vain, when dealing with unhappy passengers, the policy of " sorry, but you get what you pay for, and you haven't paid enough to be treated any better", has worked astoundingly well with the low cost guy's. In a world of the service orientated, it certainly was a bold move but has paid off handsomely.